Thursday 27 November 2008

Counting down to Christmas.....


While our American cousins are enjoying Thanksgiving this weekend I'm on my countdown to Christmas (and me holiday!) Made a start on the packing but still have a few bits and pieces to get and then I’ll need to “spring” clean the house ready for my friends who are staying here while we are away!

I finally finished putting up the decorations yesterday, although I'm skipping the big tree this year. Good old Santa has now taken pride of place on my dining room wall! He is made from a needlepoint kit I bought some years ago when the kids were small, I took me hours to complete it but well worth the effort!

I’m in a knitting void at the moment, after finishing my throw I’m not sure what to do next! A colleague has asked me to knit her a scarf so I am on with that and another colleague gave me a pattern for a beanie hat which I think I’ll do next. I think I’ll have to get myself on Ravelry and look through the patterns to see what I can do with my ever growing stash! Since I found the wool shops in the town where I work the stash grows at an alarming rate!

No comments: