Thursday 6 November 2008

Knitting desert...

Gosh can't belive its been nearly a week since I last waffled on here! Its been a busy one at work with office moves, who'd have thought that an office move could be so much chaos! We moved on Monday and its still not finished - no IT or phones lines in some departments and to top it all the other knitters in the office have all moved to the other site so no more knitting gossips over a cup of coffee and a rich tea biscuit!

Not only that but this week has been a desert in knitting terms, not much time to do any! I did though manage a trip into town the other lunchtime and bought some more wool for my mini Christmas stockings, I wanted cream and metalic gold to make stockings to match my decorations. I did get some wool and have managed to make one, but that is about it! I am off into town again tomorrow lunchtime to see if I can find the wool shop that I know is there but I haven't managed to find it yet!

It is a busy week for Birthdays too! Its my Mum's today and when I rang her to wish her Happy Birthday I was greeted with a song that goes something like this:

"Happy Birthday to me, I am 23!"

Mmmm that would mean I haven't been born yet! Its also my husband's 40th on Sunday - he is already having his mid-life crisis so goodness knows what he'll be like when he actually gets to 40! There are some really funny cards out there for 40 year olds, but alas he wants a "soppy" one from me - well that's just tough cos the funny ones are much more fun! It was hard to choose which one!

As for the epic throw........ well it's still an epic! I will get it finished though soon, just have the edging to do!

No comments: