Saturday 1 November 2008

Christmas knitting commences...

Well thought it was about time I started on my Christmas knitting now halloween is over and there is only 6 weeks left till we leave the country!

I found Jean Greenhowe's mini Christmas Stocking pattern on Ravelry and thought they would be a good place to start! I've knit 4 up today and they look great, I am going to use them as toppers for the Christmas cards I make this year - they are perfect!

My copy of Simply Knitting magazine arrived today and this month they have mini christmas ornament patterns in this month so will look at knitting some of them up. The plan is to make a garland with knitted ornaments on, not sure though whether I'll get that done as I am still dermined to finish my epic throw before Christmas and although I only have the edging left to do it still seems to be a slow process! Watch this space!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Is the SK mag worth getting next month? I'm getting a bit fed up of buying the mags to find nothing worth knitting in it. Your throw is looking good and I love the colout of it!