Sunday 23 November 2008

Finally the epic is finished!!


It's been freezing here today with plenty of snow on the ground. I thought I would make good use of the cold weather and finish my epic throw - and here it is! The original pattern has 20 roses that you knit up and attach to the throw but I liked the pattern without the embellishments (well that's my excuse or I'd still be knitting it in 2010!)

This leaves me with the dilemma - what do I knit next? I have seen a pattern for another throw which is knit up in smaller squares rather than long panels. I like the idea of that as I can pick it up and put it down – saying that it will probably take me several months, if not years, to complete!!

In the meantime I’m going to knit baldy a hat to keep his head warm in the cold weather! He could have done with one today! I have managed to download a video I took of my son and hubby playing in the snow! Hollie was inside well away from the frozen stuff – mind you with her foot in the state it’s in she is better off indoors! She has an appointment at the Fracture Clinic tomorrow so we will know just how bad the break is. Fingers crossed she will be OK to fly as we are due to go on holiday in about three weeks time! Oh well here’s hoping…….


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that,its lovely.