Thursday 5 March 2009

It's here! It's here!

Yea! The silk yarn I ordered to knit my next project has arrived!

It took me ages to decide the colour there were so many to choose from and you don’t always get a good idea of what they will look like when you buy online, but I think I made the right choice! I loved the cream shades and the white shades and the gold colour shades and the blue shades, well all of the shades really (except “just thrown-up yellow”) In the end I decided to go for the “dark pink, and it’s gorgeous! Now I’m waiting for my nice new needles to arrive so I can start knitting it!

I have also FINALLY managed to get a couple of small project finished! The blue scarf I knit for a colleague who admired the one I had made for another colleague last Christmas! I didn’t mind knitting one up for her, but to be honest I did get fed up knitting it halfway through and it took me ages to get it done!

The phone sock I just whipped up quickly using some free yarn that came with a knitting mag. I wasn’t sure what to do with it and knitted and unpicked it several times before I decided on a phone sock! I used green organza ribbon as ties and added a couple of really pretty glass beads to jazz it up a bit! Pity the photography doesn’t do it justice!

Phew – that’s it for another day. I’ve finally got round to talking about knitting again! It seems ages since I’ve finished anything or got very far with anything!

No comments: