Sunday 15 March 2009

Losing the plot!

Well its been one of those weeks and I am now convinced I am losing the plot! I've had a cough over the last few days from a nasty bug and decided it would be a good time to give up smoking s it made my cough worse! This is where I lost the plot and found myself in a lose lose situation!! I stopped smoking Wednesday and was very grumpy to the point of getting to work Thursday morning and bursting into tears for no reason whatsoever! Oh the joys of nicotine withdrawal! Th trouble was that if a smoked a cigarette it made me cough worse which also made me grumpy - I don't envy my colleagues and family this week, I've been a bear with a sore head (or nasty cough and no nicotine!)

Anyway, I am over the worst now, the cough is slowly clearing up and I think I am just about free of needing nicotine, although its not the drug so much now as the habit I miss - I'll have to remedy that somehow! What has helped though is that every time I crave a cigarette, I think about what else I could spend my hard earned cash on - like those high end yarns I love so much, or a handbag, or some shoes - the list is endless! I have decided that any money I would have spent on cigarettes (and its a fair bit!) I am going to indulge myself with some of life's luxury goods! Well there has to be some incentive and I must TRY not to be too grumpy although I think I can be excused for being grumpy on a Monday so bear with sore head will be back tomorrow!

No comments: