Tuesday 28 October 2008

Almost there.....


Its been really cold up here today, definately a good day to stay in and get some knitting done! So I did just that!

I finally got round to taking a picture of my epic throw, it seems to have taken me forever to get this far. Today though I was determined to get it almost finished, and the good news is -I did!

I managed to complete all the long panels and even managed to get them sewed together (which is the bit I really hate doing) and all I have left to do now is knit up the lacy edging. That shouldn't take me too long the pattern is only over 7 sts so even I think I can do it fairly quickly although there is a mistake in the print of the pattern! I tried knitting it 3 times and each time I was 2 sts too short - I thought I was going mad! Still I worked it out and have managed to knit up several pattern repeats already! Mind you that will leave me with an epic sewing up job (groan). It'll be worth it in the end though!

Tomorrow I am off into town for a bit of retail therapy and a break from the kids, husband and my epic knitting project! Think I might pop into our local wool shop though - I mean once this project is finished I'll want to get stuck into something else!

No comments: