Sunday 7 December 2008

Hoorah! Hats away and some Christmas gems.....

I've been on a mission this weekend to finish the hat I started knitting for baldy, finish the hat was knitting for myself and get my "special" Christmas cards made! Of course there were other non-knitted things on the list, wrap my Christmas pressies, write my cards, get ready for the invasion of the in-laws next weekend and of course the housework (always bottom of my list!)
Anyway here are the pictures of us looking total prats in our new hats!!










I Usually make my own Christmas cards for certain people every year and this year I decided to combine my card making with knitting and knitted the toppers for the cards! I used Jean Greenhowe's mini Christmas stocking pattern for some of them and made-up patterns for a Santa hat (as I seem to be enjoying hat knitting at the moment!) and a Christmas tree. I've taken pictures of them (below) but as I am no David Bailey there is a quite a bit of light reflection on them!














Well that's my knitty bit done! I had a nice afternoon out yesterday with my friends Sandie, Dawne and Rayma. I had completely forgotten Dawne was coming over and got a phone call as I was acting as the taxi for Hollie (I'm going to get a sticker for my car saying "Mum's Cars"). It will be that last chance I get to see them all before Christmas, can't believe its getting so close! I really do need to finish that packing! Mind you I could if I could actually get into Hollie's bedroom to get her clothes out, as it is you can't see the floor for stuff all over it and heaven only knows which clothes are clean and which aren't! Maybe I'll just wash the lot and then at least I'll know! Oh well I'd better go and get further down my list of things to do!

1 comment:

Monty said...

Those cards are brilliant and you guys don't look too bad in those hats, and you'll be warm, which is the main thing! x